Army of Clay: A Cody / McIntire Mystery

Army of Clay: A Cody / McIntire Mystery - Joshua Bunnell I won this book from a Goodreads First Reads Giveaway.I enjoyed reading the story. It was fast paced, but not too fast. It's not very long and has fairly short chapters so it's good for when you don't have a lot of time to sit and read. It was easy to follow and creative. Good descriptions. I liked the ending. Endings tend to be what really turn me off of a book, but this one was well done in my opinion.The reason I did not give it 5 stars is because I didn't really get the impression that it was set in London in the 1890s, which it was supposed to be. Also, it seemed like some of the dialogue was a bit unrealistic and lacking real emotions. I didn't feel like I got to know the main characters very much, but that could also be that this is a 2nd book in a series and I did not read the 1st, which may have had more character development. I do appreciate that it didn't waste a lot of time dwelling on the past adventures of the main characters, but a bit more of a personal glimpse would have been nice to get a better grasp of their individual personalities.There were also 2 short stories included in the book. I enjoyed the first one, but didn't really care much for the 2nd one. I wish I could explain what it was about the 2nd one that I didn't care for, but it just didn't really catch my interest. The book is definitely worth reading if you enjoy crime / mystery type stories that aren't super long or complex and confusing.